Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Violet Box May!!

I'm loving Violet box so far.

They guarantee $60 value in each box.








As weird as this seems: this felt really nice on.  It was a little drippy and cold, but it smelt good!

Timeless Truth Stem Cell Extract Mask
Full Size: $6


This has mixed reviews.  Some people love it, some people hate it.

Its a glossy finish, which seems weird for an eyeshadow stick.  Everyone who sees it thinks its a lipgloss.

I haven't worn it yet.



Its very sheer.  And very gel-like.  Lasting power?  Maybe over a primer it might last.

CK One Gloss Eyecolour
Full Size: $26.50





And to go with the gloss eyecolour...

Adorn eyeshadow.  

Not sure if this is just my sample, but its a lil... clunky?  It feels like cocoa powder.  It feels like it should have some talc or something in it to make it finer.  There is just something... a little oily?  



Swatch over the CK One eyecolour gloss and underneath just by itself.
You can see the clumpy bits on the gloss.

Adorn Cosmetics Eye Create Intensive Shadow.
Full Size: $15 (15g).  Sample: $2.50 (0.25g)





Argania Oil!  

This is the first time I've had the light version.  The smell is the same as the original, and the sample size is the same.  

I did try it, and it was a lot of a less-oily product.  My hair didn't seem to feel as greasy as it usually does with the normal Argania oils.

A nice addition to the handbag or the travel bag - at 5ml it's not going to annoy any customs officers, but it'll add a sleek shine and a gorgeous marshmellow scent to hair.

Argania Oil - Light
Full Size: $37 (100ml).  Sample: $1.85 (5ml)






I've never tried a clear mascara.  I'm hoping that I can do a magic-lashes trick and layer this on my eyes a few times then coat with normal mascara for a plumped up look.  

I like that you can control how much product is on the brush using the squeeze barrel.

The information says you can use it to seal in pigments in mascara and tame eyebrows.

Lash Control Clear Coat Mascara and Brow Fix
Full Size: $26.






OOOooooOOOOO.  

This looks exciting.

Because I'm doing a nail course, we have to learn all about the cuticles and the nails and all that lovely stuff.

I'm not entirely convinced that people know what "cuticle" actually is.  

The living skin at the base and sides of your nails:  Not cuticle.
The stuff that you scrap off gently because it grows WITH your nail:  Cuticle.

Either way, it contains keratin and silica.  

NS-5 Cuticle and Nail Complex
Full Size: $10



So there ya have it.  Another Violet Box for this month.

Total cost to me:  $29.95.  Total value:  $72.85.

I will use... pretty much everything I think at least once.  I'll use the clear coat on my brows and maybe my lashes if I want definition without the colour (I have pretty long lashes anyway).  I've already used the face mask.  The eyeshadow... might get used.  The gloss eyecolour I'll experiment with.

Yay for Violet Box!!

No comments: