Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sample Bar September Box

Something strange is happening in the NZ beauty subscription box world.

My Samplebar box arrived, and upon my opening it, I experienced a sense of deja vu.



Batiste Dry Shampoo, Maybelline BB Cream... Haven't I seen these before?
Yep.

ON TO THE SAMPLES!!!!


Maybelline New York Dream Pure BB Cream.
Full Size $19.95 (30ml).  Sample: $4.65 (7ml - 1 week sample).

Instead of copy/pasting from my last post; I haven't used more than half a pouch yet - I hardly ever wear makeup, so I might start wearing it if I feel the need, seeing as I now have more than a week or twos worth.  Considering I use half a sample, 14 samples should last me a month.
From Chemists, Farmers, Kmart, The Warehouse.




Batiste Dry Shampoo (Blush Scented).
Full Size $7.99 (50ml). 

I actually tried this brand and scent, and it was a little too sweet for my liking.  My friend is a flight attendant, so I gave it to her as part of her carry on essentials.  I gave my sister the 2nd one.
Get it at Department Stores, Chemists and Grocery Stores.



Yon-Ka Ultra Protection SPF25 Sunscreen.
Full Size $49.90 (50ml).  Sample: $4.99 (5ml).

Sunscreen!  I'm looking forward to this one when the sun starts coming up a bit more.  This is a tad easier to throw in the handbag to touch up the face during the day.  
Get it from Beauty Sense, or ring 0800 555 630.




Obiqo Restoring Night Cream.
Full Size $49.50 (50ml).  Sample: $9.90 (10ml).

I have a soft spot for Obiqo.  Their facewash was so good that I'm willing to give the night cream a try.  
Come get me, wrinkles!!
Available from Obiqo Skincare.  



Evolu Protective Day Cream SPF15.
Full Size $54.99 (75ml).  Sample: $14.66 (20ml).

Evolu is another one of those brands that I love.  I'm almost out of the handcream I bought from their website, and I'm still waiting for the best time to use the travel tower.  
This will also be thrown in my handbag, because I'm prone to doing my makeup and moisturiser on the bus.
From Evolu.  



Broadway Real Life Nails.
Full Size $21.99 

I'm trying to grow my nails out, so I might not use these, but I know people who will!   I have a certain lady who is dying to get her nails done, but has nothing to paint.  I might put these on her and see what she thinks!
From selected leading pharmacies and department stores.


Total value for this box: $64.18.  There is a voucher code for $20 off evolu, but I might email them and see if I can still use it, seeing as I'm already subscribed.  


Yes, I understand that we have very few sub box companies in NZ... In fact, I'm probably subscribed to the only two.  I understand that they have to produce seasonal boxes to suit their customers.  I understand that they probably get the companies coming to both them at one time saying "use these this month" and they have to, hence the doubled up products.  

I love having these around, and I have tried and recommended so many new things to my friends.  I'm slowly working my way through the stuff I've amassed, and anything I won't use, I'll gift to family and friends.


Subscribe to Sample Bar.

No comments: