Monday, February 24, 2014

Fake Nails!!!

My lovely friend Lisa gave me a bag of fake nails!  

I've tried some good ones, I've tried some bad ones.

Some of these are going to be far too long for my fingers, so I'll be able to use them for special events or long weekends, then clip them down for work.

Shall we begin?



I got two packs of the Fashion Diva nails, so I used one.

I HATE GEL GLUE!   Just putting it out there.  It went bubbly, and my nails literally popped off within a night.


I used Fing'rs brush on glue to re-stick my blue fashion diva ones after the gel glue failed miserably, and they've held up well at work so far.  None lost, none pulling, I don't even have lifting issues yet.  
Other than the totally shocking application by myself, they almost look, dare I say it, natural.  Not too long, not too short, I can still type, bag goods at the checkout, change reams of paper, etc.  

Other than being more careful around heavy things that like to break nails off (I'm looking at you, boxes of paper...) they've lasted Friday night (sans one which fell off while I was asleep) and most of Saturday night with gel (they started falling off in the nightclub, so I picked them all off and reapplied new ones the next day - the sizing isn't too bad, the differences between them are great enough to differentiate but not big enough to make a massive difference between say, a 6 and a 7.), Sunday, Monday and now coming into Tuesday with brush-on.  



More gel glue.... *grrrrrrr*


These pink ones look ultra cute.  My only regret is that I might have to trim them for work.
Assuming that the GEL GLUE will hold them on long enough to NEED trimming...


Pink frenches are adorable, and without any other pattern, I could stamp them or paint them.
Yep.  More gel glue.



NON GEL GLUE!!!   And Glue Tabs for one-night-wear.  These are what I would call "glamour" length - too long for me to get away with on a regular basis, but something that might make my hands look longer.


These might actually be too small.  I have pretty average nail beds, but really short nails.  
I think these will go to someone who will use them, when they come over and want their nails done (but they have no nails).


Same with these.  Lets NOT use the gel glue.  Ok?

I'll let ya's know just how long the Diva's last.  So far, 3 full days (and counting!).

No comments: