Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Goodie Box January

 This is very very late.  

I got this box on the first weekday of Febuary, and I did a youtube video... and it failed.  
So it sat there, and I glared at it for a while.  Eventually I realised that it wasn't going to fix itself if it just sat there, so I took the photos and watermarked, and sat on them for another week.

It's now halfway through Febuary, so I guess I should do a posty-post.

First box of 2014!!












Benefits They're Real Mascara.
Full Size $43 (85g).  Sample: $1.50 (3g).


This stuff is amazing.  That brush will get even the tiniest lashes.  Its thick and juicy and makes your lashes look fake.





Dermalogica After Sun Repair.
Full Size $52 (100ml).  Sample: $7.80 (15ml).


I gave some of this to a friend of mine - she managed to burn BOTH her knees.  Just her knees.

She said it felt really good.  It smells really nice too.





Blistex Five Way Lip Protection.
Full Size $7.80 (4.25g).  Sample: $5.20 (2.8g).


As a huge blistex fan, this stuff is pretty nifty.  
It smells good, it feels good, and it survived being put through the washer and dryer (yes, it melted, but no, it didn't leak!)

It tastes ok too.  Compared to the Carmex, its pretty good.





Chillax.
Full Size $5 (90ml).


I offered this to my boyfriend because he has trouble sleeping.  He didn't take me up on it, but the offer is still there should he need it.





NS8 Heel Balm Complex.
Full Size $25 (100ml).  Sample: $5 (20ml).


It has a pleasant smell, and it works well.  I used it a couple of times and it smoothed some of my more rougher spots on my soles.  My heels will still need a tonne of work.





Scholl Party Feet.
Full Size $13 (1 pair). 


They're used to make your shoes less achey in the balls of your feet.  I have some that are a bit thicker, and they take up some of the space in your shoes.  These take up less space in the shoe, so would work well for those slinkier shoes.





Palmers Eventone Tone Perfecting Cream.
Full Size $16 (75g).  Sample: $1.06 (5g).


I love Palmers stuff.  I have cocoa butter products everywhere.  I'm wondering how well this will work, but I'm not a huge fan of foil packets!   If I can find an empty jar to decant it into, I'll use it.



Total value this month:  $38.56.  Not great, to be honest.

The products were mostly samples, and the whole thing is a little disjointed.  I guess its a pre-valentines box (skin cream, mascara, shoe gels) but its a little bit of a post-new years party box (sleep aid, heel balm, sun repair).  


This is the only box I have received so far with a value less than twice what I paid.  Mostly they're really good.

I'm hoping now that Sample Bar has finished its course, that Goodiebox will pick up its game - its now the ONLY beauty box available in NZ, without trying to get imports from overseas.  

No comments: