Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Lust Have It: May Beauty Bag!

YAY!!  Another beautiful box of bits!





No pink bags yet, but the pink box was pretty.  





Lets get right into the products this month!









Bloom Foundation Stick - Base 3

Full Size: 11.2gm ($35)
www.bloomcosmetics.com

This foundation contains rice bran oil and jojoba.  Both of those are pretty good for your skin, so at least you know you're getting something good outta it.

I'm thinking base 1 might of been more my colour - I'm on the light-medium side of the scale, so the base 3 foundation was a little darker than something I would usually wear.  


I gave this to my sister, who is a touch darker than myself.







Soak Hair Shine Shampoo & Conditioner

Full Size: 500ml ($24.95).  Sample: 25ml ($1.25)
www.soakskin.com

Soak Shampoo is enriched with Maca Root, this product is packed with vitamins including B6, calcium and zinc. 
Soak Conditioner is made with Purple Kale, providing Vitamin A, K and Manganese.

Conveniently I ran out of my usual hair products the day before I got these.  


I had good hopes for the herbal ingredients, but the formula left me lacking.  I struggled to get a lather going, and because I have long thick hair, sometimes a good lather is what I need to help distribute the product.  

I ended up washing my scalp in thirds, just so I could make sure that I worked it all in.  I used about 3 times as much as I would of usually used from a non-enriched formula.  Even after that, it still didn't feel "clean".

The conditioner wasn't great either.  I used the regular amount that I would use on my hair (mid-back length), it was still just as hard to manage as if I hadn't used conditioner at all.  

To make it more manageable I had to put some of my other hair treatment oils through it while it was damp.  

I don't think I'll be purchasing this in a full size.







Soak Skin Body Lotion

Full Size: 500ml ($29.95).  Sample: 25ml ($1.50)
www.soakskin.com

Infused with Chia Seeds.  Includes Calcium, Vitamin B3 and Magnesium.


To me, it just smells like any other herbal body lotion.  It's decent for throwing into a bag to travel with, or for rubbing on your legs after shaving.


Haven't noticed any great benefits so far, but I'll keep going.  









Hola Seaweed Moisturising Repair Cream
Full Size: 50g (Somewhere between $17 and $25)
www.lusthaveit.com.au

This stuff is interesting.  It reminds me of a hand sanitiser/moisturiser that my grandmother gave me for Christmas one year, but its a very fresh, bright smell.  

It looks like a cross between whipped cream and blue jelly, and the texture is similar. 


On my face it absorbs quickly and leaves a smooth feeling.  







Coconut Revolution Coconut Hand Cream Tahi Jasmine

Full Size: 250g ($29.95).  Sample: 10g ($1.50)
www.coconutrevolution.com.au

It smells amazing.  Like a breezy tropical garden.  


I love hand creams - I use my hands at work at lot, and I wash them a lot, so I go through them really quickly.  You don't need a lot because the Coconut oil does all the work, and it melts in smoothly.


Loving it!







Lonvitalite 24K Face Mask + Bonus Eye Mask

Full Size: One Use ($9.99)
www.lonvitalite.com.au

I have a bunch of these now.  Sometimes when I have a bath I'll put one on and let it do its magic while I'm soaking in the tub, or I'll take them to my friends houses for when we have girly pamper nights.  


You'll look like an idiot wearing it, but you'll feel amazing afterwards.




Thats it for this months box!

There were some good things and some mediocre things, but all up it was pretty good.  


Total value: $71.19(ish - I'm estimating on the Hola stuff).

Total price: $19.95

Pretty good value!!


Get yours here by clicking the link below, and you'll be able to join the fun :)






Disclaimer:  All opinions are my own.  LHI provided the bag for review as an affiliate.

No comments: