Monday, June 13, 2016

Cosplay and all things crafty - GLaDOS WIP - The road to AuckGeddon!

So, I've been having some issues with my current Cosplay - GLaDOS from Portal.  


I got the skirt done, that was easy.  


I turned two old vampire cloaks into the overskirt, also easy.


Now I'm stuck.




I made a fascinator to act as the headpiece, but I have something like 4 months till the convention (Armageddon) and I just don't know what I want to do.  Do I want a long wig?  A short wig?  An ombre'd wig with curls?



Do I want to make my top from the black and silver pinstripe that I bought specifically for it, or do I want to cheap out and buy a 'corset' instead?  I mean, its not a competition piece so I don't have to handmake 75% of the costume.  If all else fails, I guess I could relace my Ursula corset with white or black ribbon, and put it over a white teeshirt.

I still have to make the cake.  


Couldn't find Whipple anymore, so I followed a DIY to make a decorating cream out of talc and glue.  It works, surprisingly.


Things left to do on GLaDOS:

- Paint hat box, adhere "cream" and "cherries".  Find a way of actually CARRYING the damned thing.  I'm thinking maybe a handle under it some how or wrapping it in brown felt so I can craft a handle on one side along with a couple semi-hidden latches to hold it closed.

- Evenly distribute the ribbons on the inside of the skirt.

- Find a way of attaching the overskirt to the underside of the corset/top

- OBTAIN corset or make top.

- Find and buy a wig that would work for this cosplay.

- Figure out how to attach a very front-heavy fascinator to a wig without everything failing.  

- Remember to take spare batteries for the lamp, and make sure that the batteries are accessible.  

- Decide what I want to do with my legs/arms.  I'm thinking I might have to *gasp* make some white leggings to go with it, and then wrap them with black ribbon to make it look like cables.  

Do I use these little balls to make her personality spheres?  Or is that going too far?


4 months to go?  

BRING IT ON!!

No comments: