Thursday, January 1, 2015

365 Days of Colour... Day 1

My aim with this is to try, and discover, those polishes in my collection that I may have forgotten about.

One a day!



The first one up is less of a polish and more of a technique.  




Using foil is not a new thing, and I've done a blog post previously about different top-coats and wear-time.  My real problem was that some quickdry topcoats would dull the shine, dull the holo or wrinkle the whole thing.

NOT ANYMORE!!

I swapped some custom polish for a small LED lamp a while back, and my sister lent me her Bluesky gel top and bottom coats.  

I used a buffer to remove the shine from the nail, prepped with Salon Shield Adhesier, and applied two coats of base.  Once it was cured, I removed the sticky layer with Methylated Spirits, added a layer of Foil Glue, and when it was dry, rubbed on some holographic silver star and pink geometric foils from Dresslink.  Last step was to top it with the gel topcoat, and I applied two coats of that too, just for a bit more protection, capping the tips.  After wiping off the last sticky layer, my nails looked AMAZING.  

I had a few issues with the application of the foils on some of the nails, which I purely put down to novice application.  The glue not going on smoothly (it was an older bottle) left brushmarks on the surface, which translated to the foil's finish.  I had a couple of wrinkles and crinkles around the edges of the nails where my application could of been a lot better, and my rubdown could of been more consistent.  

Otherwise, I LOVE IT!  

No comments: