Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Why oh why, OPI?

 So, first and foremost, I'm a low-wage earning peon who lives off discount nail polish. 

When The Warehouse that I frequent had OPI shatter on clearance, I had to snap it up.  $5 for a $25 bottle of polish?  I think yes.  

So, I grabbed pink, turquoise, navy, blue, red, white and black.  And had to try them out.


Kleancolor White & Black with OPI White & Black Shatter.  

I was disappointed.

 The black was everything that I expected a shatter to be, and had smaller fractures than my BYS Quake.  

The white just... failed.  It looks more like that honeycomb-polystyrene netting that you pull off the bottles of spirits you get through the duty free than a shatter.  Do the other colours do this too?

I'm just glad I didn't pay $25 a bottle for it.




On Saturday I thought I would take some swatches of the random Beindulged (I keep wanting to type it Beinspired... no idea why) polishes.  

 Not wearing my splint.  Naughty naughty.



This one has no name.  Can I name it?  I want to call it Midas Touch.  It's semi opaque - this is 4 coats I think.  Shimmer, Glitter, an OK texture... I kinda liked it.  

Then on Sunday I went and did my mums nails.

 "I want glittery purple!"





 Jordana Purple Glam, L. A. Colors Nail Art Silver, BM microbeads and plates. Base: Jordana Nails Be Young.  Top: Jordana Quick Dry.

Still not overly fond of this purple.  I dunno what it is.  Maybe its just too pink for my liking?  Maybe its the bar glitter.  I think it has to be the bar glitter.

After stamping my mums, I had to stamp my own.

Kleancolor Metallic Black, BM plate.

This lasted a good 2 days before i lost a few nails at work, and just popped the rest off.  I dunno if its my base or my top, but instead of my polish flaking or chipping, it just falls off like a sticker.  Makes clean up easy!


I checked up with mum today (Wedenesday) and she has 5/10 nails left.  Considering she never wears polish, thats pretty good going.

No comments: